20061227

On memory


I wrote this in Japan after spending a few years in Korea. We visited a monkey sanctuary in Kyushu and I took a shot of this monkey looking pensive. Besides the header, this is my only photograph on this page.




On memory

I will see the plum trees blooming
and wonder at monkey's habits.

I will make love quietly murmuring
yet be bold enough to talk of dreams.

I will watch a film in solitude
and drink coffee in cacaphonous cafes.

I walk scented, herbal gardens
which beckon healing recompense.

And so I wile the hours away
in between work and relaxation,
or is time only a jester, displaying captured moments spent?

I might decide to surf or shoot
the web so wide, or take my camera.

These lines are deep with all remembering
of sweet moments passed.



alberoliformat